Flights to New York
- Things to know
Welcome to the city that never sleeps: NYC
Commonly referred to as “The Big Apple” and is dominated by the iconic Empire State Building. A city which never fails to fulfil the traveling expectations and also guarantees to make you fall in love, again and again. This place is none other than New York City. A city which is diverse enough to satisfy the taste of every traveler as it is the amalgamation of media, culture, food, fashion, art, research, finance, trade and much more.
Geography of New York
Situated at the mouth of the Hudson River in the southernmost part of the state, New York City is equipped with incredible art galleries, museums and some of the world’s best restaurants. The city is divided into five boroughs, which are five separate counties. They are Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Staten Island. Each one of them have a distinct feel and culture embedded in them.
- At the core is Manhattan, a densely populated city with iconic sites such as The Empire State building, Central Park, a Broadway Theatre, all based around the neon-lit Times Square.
- The celebrated Brooklyn Bridge adjoins Manhattan to the borough of Brooklyn and contains beachfront Coney Island and amusement parks. This location is synonymous with the indie music scene, contemporary art and nightlife.
- Located in the east, Queens is home to the Flushing Meadows Corona Park, with its 12-story 1964 World’s Fair globe sculpture, the Unisphere.
- The Bronx, situated in NYC’s northernmost borough and contains the landmark New York Botanical Gardens, distinguished Bronx Zoo and the New York Yankees baseball team.
- Staten Island is a large island in New York Harbor, positioned in the south of Manhattan, which has a suburban character with views of the city skyline and the Statue of Liberty.