Flights to Mauritius
- Things to know
Mauritius Holiday Guide
This idyllic tropical island has been famously referred to as Heaven on Earth and its easy to see why. Mauritius, a gem in the Indian Ocean with its picturesque surroundings of crystal clear blue lagoons and stunning soft white sandy beaches all set against the dramatic backdrop of volcanic mountains. With abundant history, culture and lively social life, those wanting to visit Mauritius will soon find that there’s more to do than pass the days away lazying around on a sunbed.
Things Not to Miss in Mauritius
- 1Port Louis, the Island's capital is one of the plushest cities in Africa.
- 2The clothing stalls in Quatre Bornes, a small quaint town in the epicenter of the island is a lovely place to visit, whilst Mahebourg market is a great traditional bazaar.
- 3Golfing – Mauritius is center to numerous top tier golf courses including the Ernie Els designed "Anahita" course.
- 4Chamarel Waterfall – the highest waterfall in Mauritius plunges 85 meters down against a backdrop of forests and mountains.
- 5Eureka – this estate mansion turned museum offers visitors a historic look at the island's colonial past.
Things to see in Mauritius
- 1Le Morne
- 2Black River Gorges National Park.
- 4La Vanille Crocodile Park.
- 5Pamplemousses Botanical Garden.
- 6Château de Labourdonnais.
- 7Ile Aux Cerfs.
- 8La roche qui pleure /Le Souffleur.
- 9Grand Bassin.
- 10Champ de Mars in Port Louis.